Feb 17, 2023
Welcome back to CGE Weekly with host J. Richard Jones and CGE editor-in-chief, Dr. Lori Turnbull. Healthcare has long been quintessential to Canada. The topic of discussion this week digs into and dissects the healthcare budget that was recently announced by the federal government. Gaps in Canada’s much-admired healthcare system have been visible for some time. The COVID pandemic only made them worse. Does this new budget meet the needs of the provinces?
Also in this episode:
· What were the provinces asking for?
· What is the budget offering?
· Are we putting enough money into healthcare?
· Is there anything Canada can learn from other countries?
· Is there any public tolerance for a multi-tiered system?
· And much more!